I love little naughty treats such as this Potato, Bacon & Caramelised Onion Tart. Honestly, how can you go wrong with caramelized onions, potato, bacon and cream cheese all in puff pastry?! Definitely not something that you would have every day but a delicious treat perfect for special occasions.
lots of love,
Potato, Bacon & Caramelized Onion Tart
I love little naughty treats such as this Potato, Bacon & Caramelized Onion Tart. Honestly how can you go wrong with caramelized onions, potato, bacon and cream cheese all in puff pastry?! Definitely not something that you would have everyday but a delicious treat perfect for special occasions.
Author: Jessica Burns
- Caramelized Onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, cut in half
- 1 potato, sliced very thin
- 3 - 4 slices of bacon, cut in half
- ½ cup cream cheese
- Parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Salt & Pepper
- In a nonstick skillet on medium low, heat butter until just melted, add onions and a pinch of salt. Gently stir and let onions cook until translucent. Stir in brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and reduce heat to low. Let cook down until caramelized, approximately 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, to assemble the tart, begin by heating the oven to 375 degrees. Place the half sheet of puff pastry on a parchment paper lined baking tray. Dock the pastry with a fork and spoon the cooled caramelized onions on top. Take the sliced potato and place on top of the pastry and onions, slightly overlapping each slice. Next, place bacon on top of the potato and dot half of the cream cheese on top of the bacon.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes or until the pastry and bacon are golden brown. Remove from oven, place on serving platter or cutting board and dot the remaining cream cheese on top followed by the parsley. Slice and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply