I first concocted this recipe about 2 years ago for a big gathering and lets just say the feedback was positive. So when I can include this in a party menu, I do.
I love jalapeno poppers but I can’t really be bothered to stuff them and bread them – I don’t have that kind of time. This is a great way to have all that creamy, cheesy, jalapeno goodness without all of the fuss.
This shot was taken immediately before being served to a group of very hungry people..lets just say I had to cut the photoshoot short, so no photos of the yummy inside or on a chip, just couldn’t make that happen.
- 2 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, grated
- 3 7 oz cans chopped mild green chiles
- 1 4 oz cans chopped jalapenos
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, cheeses, chilies, peppers, garlic, onion powder and ¼ cup Parmesan until blended. Spoon into an ungreased baking dish (approximately the size of a 13x9 pan) and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, melted butter, dried parsley and ¼ cup remaining Parmesan. Sprinkle over cheese chili mixture followed by the remaining parmesan cheese and bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Best with tortilla chips or crustini.