I posted my Easter dessert up on Instagram last night and immediately received texts from friends for the Lemon Berry Cheesecake Tart – I promised to put it up on the blog as soon as I could, so here we go everyone.
In my line of work, Easter is a really busy time of year (did I mention I work at a church?) and my Easter dinner always is thrown together at the last minute. This year was no different. I rifled through my pantry and freezer Saturday to see what I had on hand and was hoping I would get a little inspiration from somewhere – I had some puff pastry and cream cheese and this easy little dessert was born.
This is an incredibly easy dessert perfect for a holiday, crowd or a weeknight dinner. Also, its completely versatile – you can add any type of sweet topping or even leave it plain.
You want to be sure to dock your pastry. Docking is when you prick the base of a pastry to allow steam to escape as it bakes.
This prevents the dough from rising too much. With this recipe we want a lip to keep in all the cheesecake goodness inside.
All powdered up and ready to go. I hope you had a great Easter and that you get a chance to make this very soon!
- Lemon Cheesecake Mixture
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, store bought
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 package raspberries
- 8 - 10 strawberries, sliced
- powdered sugar
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper. Unroll 1 sheet of puff pastry, fold up sides to form an edge, dock the base pastry with a fork, brush with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the pastry is baking, mix all of the cheesecake ingredients together with a hand mixer on medium high until smooth and creamy. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- To assemble, spread the cheesecake mixture over the puff pastry evenly. Add strawberries and raspberries and sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.