I had some Granny Smith apples left over from juicing so what better way to use them up than to bake with them, right? Puff pastry and sliced apples baked to perfection – I love this simple and quick dessert and you will too!
- 1 sheet puff pastry (approx 10”x15”), store bought
- 1 ½ - 2 cups peeled and chopped apple, approximately 2 - 3 small apples
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 6 teaspoons apricot preserves
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add the apples, brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt and mix until well combined.
- Remove one sheet of puff pastry and cut out six 5 inch rounds and place on a parchment lined baking tray. Add one teaspoon of apricot preserves in the center of each round. Add ⅙ of the apple mixture on top of the apricot preserves. Roughly fold the edges around the apples, brush with the egg mixture and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and the apples are tender. Serve with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.