Chicken, the ultimate easy summer grilling go-to. With that said, it’s actually the anytime go-to. While it’s a dependable staple, it can sometimes – well, be a bit boring. So when I get a bit bored with my menu’s, I force myself to sit and come up with other ways of making it. This recipe is a result of those labors (and boredom)! Pretty happy with the how brining makes it so tender and the flavor is so bold – totally perfect alone or in tacos, pasta or salads. Or anything else you can think of!
Smoky 6 Spice Grilled Chicken Thighs
Author: Jessica Burns
- ¼ cup salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- ½ lemon, roughly sliced
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Spanish Paprika
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon ground sage
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- First make the brine, in a medium saucepan, heat 2 quarts of water and combine all of the brining ingredients minus the lemon. Heat until sugar and salt fully dissolve, then remove from the heat and let cool. Add the chicken to a large bowl and cover with the cooled brine. Let sit in the refrigerator for 2 - 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix all of the rub ingredients and set aside. Remove chicken from brine and pat dry. Place chicken on a sheet tray and sprinkle 3 tablespoons of rub over the chicken, being sure to shake off the excess rub.
- Place chicken on a medium high grill and cook for approximately 8 - 10 minutes per side or until done. Remove, cover and let rest for approximately 10 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply