Happy Mothers Day! When I think about Mothers Day brunch I immediately think of Spring and lemon and berries. I put together this fresh, creamy and perfectly sweet cheesecake dessert. Easy and a total crowd pleaser – the perfect addition to any brunch!
- Berry Syrup
- 6 - 8 oz berries (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 12 -14 graham cracker sheets
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, heat berries, sugar and water on medium. Bring to a simmer and reduce to low, until berries have cooked down completely and mixture has turned into a glossy syrup, approximately 10 - 12 minutes. Pass the berry sugar mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a small bowl. Chill until mixture is cool and set.
- Next, preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a food processor, pulse graham crackers and sugars until its sand-like. Add in melted butter and pour into the bottom of a parchment lined 9x9 pan. Push down until tightly packed in the bottom and bake mixture for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven, let cool.
- Lower the oven to 325 degrees. In a bowl or stand mixer, mix the cream cheese, sugar and lemon zest until well combined. Add in the sour cream and eggs and mix. Fold in the juice and salt until well combined. Pour into crust and smooth out. Pour the berry syrup on top of the cheesecake mixture in lines longways. With a knife or skewer, swirl berries into cheesecake mixture.
- Add the cheesecake into another high walled pan to make a water bath. Add boiling water into larger pan until it comes up about halfway. Bake for about an hour to an hour or until the cheesecake has set.