It’s not uncommon for some evenings to be a little busy around here. I get home from work and friends drift in for a quick catch-up. I try to be a gracious hostess, so I always try and have some things on hand to serve – cheeses, olives, crackers and so on. However, there are some nights where a quick visit becomes a full on evening session and crackers and cheese just aren’t enough. So, I have a few more substantial ingredients and ideas on hand just in case. This is one of those recipes, super easy, fresh and delicious.
- For Bruschetta
- 2 cups pearl or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ¼ cup basil, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 fresh mozzarella balls, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, halved
- 1 baguette
- Combine all ingredients for the bruschetta and let sit for at least 15 minutes at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Slice baguette on the bias, lightly sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill till bread is warm and toasted. Rub immediately with the cut side of the halved garlic.
- To assemble, place a slice of fresh mozzarella on top of the baguette and top with bruschetta mixture. Drizzle with a little more olive oil, salt and pepper.